Thursday 6 January 2011

Bye bye 2010, hello 2011

What a great year 2010 turned out to be. At the end of December 2009 I stopped working as a research manager for a publishing company, and decided to step of the merry-go-round for a few years.



The kids are still little, and even working 3 days was getting a bit much. So 2010 was my first year off, and looking back now, can I honestly say I did the right thing - giving up the grown up world of work?

Oooooh yes! It's been lovely, not all of it has been living the dream, but hey life's like that. And those school runs in the rain, with moaning kids is not remotely fun, but overall I definitely, completely and utterly made the right choice. And the kids are happier too.

My jewellery designs and photography has come on in leaps and bounds, and I've done so much that I'm proud of.

So what next? Well 2011 will be interesting as I get more into smithing, but using copper and brass mostly - did you know that silver has gone up by about 60%! Really!! And 160% in the last 2 years -  just ridiculous.

I'm also busily working on a new wedding range, and I will be setting up a destash shop which will also have some tutorials in it.

After doing my accounts for 2010, ahem, I'm going to keep outlay to a minimum for a while, so my plans for my own online shop will wait a wee while, but who knows maybe later in the year. To be honest, I think things will be busy enough. We'll be moving house (again!) in the next month or two - luckily to our final destination this time, and that will need some pretty extensive work. Eve will be starting school this September, and Chloe will be in her last year of infants come September. Busy, busy, busy, I can't wait!!

What are your plans for the New Year?

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a great year - heres t a Great New Decade! love Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annie! Hope you have a good 2011. bx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having a quandry about the price of silver as well. Perhaps I should try copper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad things worked out well for you. I have been off work since hust before I got married in 2008. We were moving house the week after the wedding so I left before then we found I was pregnant and have recently had 2nd. I'll consider work when they are both old enough to be at school. I love being at home with them even if they are a handful sometimes. I understand the lonliness though. Gets like that a bit at times here too. I hope everything carries on going well for you in 2011. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab to read about your 2010. Wow that is a steap rise in prices for silver, my fav metal though I must admit.

    Setting up your own web-site is fairly easy, you just need a good bit of software and away you go :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I have just found you through the Folksy forums, glad to become a new follower.Your jewellery is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone! And mellow sounds good to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Zoe, yep I do love silver too. It's tricky! Yes I might go down that route re the website, I've done it before, but it was quite time consuming to set up (and figure out) so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete

src="http://www.linkwithin.com/pixel.png" alt="Related Posts with Thumbnails" style="border: 0" />