Friday 30 April 2010

April Round Up



I feel the need to do a little round up of April.
What a month!
In the past thirty days I have:

  • listed an item a day on my etsy shop 
  • listed an item a day on my folksy shop
  • had a table at a craft fair
  • attended a weekend long course in fingerprint and image jewellery
  • become a registered childminder 
  • got a childminding portfolio, and legal documents together and taken on my first 2 mindees
  • spent a weekend trying to find a way for my Volcano stranded dad to get home from Spain
  • and entertained both kids for the first 3 weeks while  my 5yo enjoyed the super long easter holidays from school
What I haven't done is blogged very much.

oops



At the end of March I somewhat foolishly started a thread on Etsy and folksy to ask if anyone fancied joining me in listing an item a day. Bit of an impulse thread start to be honest, and I didn't expect more than 1 or 2 maybes that would drift away, but the listing clubs were formed. And what a lovely bunch of people I met.


The listing an item a day may not seem like that much effort to the uninitiated, but believe me it was a slog by the end of the month. Making the piece is the easy bit (or at least the most fun), then after doing a sun dance in the garden (which incidentally seemed to pay off most days - phew) there are the photos to prepare, take, edit, resize, the tags to identify, the wording to write.  I think I, and the others who joined me in my little challenge, deserve a medal - though to be fair, I'd be happy with a few more sales, and that is just what I got.

But I'm jumping ahead of myself. I'm going to see if I can figure out whether it has helped me and the others, and will blog about the results of the listing club for both etsy and folksy very soon.....


7 comments:

  1. Nice post...crikey you've been busy this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A item a day. Wow that's impressive. I can't even get it together to open up an etsy shop and list one item!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for doing everything you've done this month PLUS listing an item a day! Super Woman or what!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad we made it to the end. You did have a busy month! Congrats on becoming a child minder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a busy month you've had! Well done on all your achievements, you've done incredibly well to keep all those plates spinning
    TheSequinnedSheep

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done you!
    Thats a lot in a month.

    Glad it's all working out for you.

    Christals Creations. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hee hee thanks! Has been a brilliant month - May will be quieter but have big plans for June!!!

    ReplyDelete

src="http://www.linkwithin.com/pixel.png" alt="Related Posts with Thumbnails" style="border: 0" />